100 years of Nativity Church
Church of Nativity Celebrates 100 Years of Catholic Worship in San Francisco.
First dedicated in June of 1904, the Church of the Nativity of Our Lord at
240 Fell Street in downtown San Francisco has been the gathering place for
Croatian, Polish and Slovenian immigrants, their descendants and other
Slavic Catholics for more than one hundred years.
Saturday, June 5th, 2004
6pm-12, Centennial Banquet, Mark Hopkins Hotel
Sunday, June 6th, 2004
11:00 a.m., Solemn High Mass, Nativity Church
Celebrated by His Excellency Archbishop William Levada and many other
invited guest bishops and priests from the Croatian, Polish and Slovenian
Make your reservation now for the gala Centennial Banquet - a
once-in-a-lifetime social event to meet old friends and relive old times.
May 16th deadline.
Additional information will be coming soon from Nativity's Centennial
Committee on these special events. For more information, speak with Father
Jerzy Frydrych, S.Ch., Nativity's pastor, at (415) 252-5799.
read more (pdf document)
Photographs courtesy of Adam & Danica Eterovich